Be a VIP!
Celebrate the best of USPS—be a VIP at the Norfolk Governing Board,
5-9 Sept. 2007, at the Norfolk Marriott Waterside Hotel.
Following in the footsteps of last year’s successful Be a VIP in NYC Program, USPS will hold concurrent breakout and poster presentations at the 2007 Governing Board Meeting in Norfolk, Va. Don’t miss your chance to be a very important presenter at a national meeting. We hope to have at least one presentation from each district.
Just the facts
- The 45-minute sessions will be held on Thursday and Friday, 6-7 Sept.
- Any interested member or team can submit a proposal for a breakout or poster presentation.
- Breakout sessions will take place in meeting rooms near the hotel lobby.
- Prearranged poster presentations will be set up on easels near the lobby. Presenters should be available for about two hours for questions and comments.
- A session moderator will assign and manage time slots.
- Not sure what to present? Let your imagination be your guide. Here are a few topics to consider:
Boating: boating safety for kids, Sea Scouting and USPS, wakeboarding, seven steps to docking a boat, lights at night, trailering, your most exciting trip or favorite boating vacation
Technology: electronic charts, amateur radio, the onboard office, Maptech and electronic mapping, novel ways to use your GPS
Potpourri: cooking, fashion show, sights and sounds of Norfolk, sailboat racing, flower arranging, the environment, scuba diving around the world, oceanography
Submit your proposal
Download and fill out either the MS Word or PDF application form.
Submit your presentation proposals by 1 May 2007 to P/R/C Liz Glassell, AP, 19564 North Sagamore Road, Fairview Park, OH 44126. For more information, call 440-333-0768 (home) or 440-567-7794 (cell).
Back to top